Friday, March 21, 2014

EDpuzzle

     I discovered a very fun and super useful tool called EDpuzzle. The tool allows the user to take a video and add various annotations. Once you create an account, you will need to create student accounts to be able to access the site. Once the housekeeping is all complete, the tool allows you to upload your own videos to then add voice over comments, or questions for students to respond. You could search through the database of educational videos from sites like Khan Academy, TED, or LearnZillion to borrow and add your own custom annotations. I tried using this tool with my students on a video about the Higgs Boson particle. I uploaded this video and added my own questions.  The questions that they were asked were typical questions that would have been a classroom discussion. However, I thought it might be fun to have them respond to these question while they individually watched the video.



     The students enjoyed watching and responding to these questions individually, prior to a larger class discussion. I found that in enhanced the lesson and allowed students to gain a better understanding of the content.





No comments:

Post a Comment